Wednesday, January 16, 2013

While you're waiting on me...check out these cool reads!

Never fear Chrononaut readers! I am working on the next update to Silent Night. It's taking me longer than I had originally hoped for, but it will get done. In the meantime, I thought I'd share with you some excellent short stories that have recently been posted on a blog that I follow and really enjoy, the Alternate History Weekly Update. If you like what you've read here, chances are you will really enjoy what blog editor Matt Mitrovich

The first story I liked because it was written in a style similar to how I've written both the Airship President & Legacy story, as well as Silent Night, that is, written like a news article from the actual alternate history. It's called "The Holy Land," by Kieran Colfer, and was a really interesting look at what might have happened in the Middle East. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

The second story was a real treat. Most alternate histories that you come to mind when you first think about the genre usually have a point of departure from real history sometime within the last 200-300 years (essentially from the American Revolution on up, especially in English-language works). This one, however, goes back thousands of years, and the changes in it are guaranteed to result in a world that will become radically different from our own. So go check out "The Anointed One," by A.J. Nolte and enjoy the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment